Our Immunity Booster Tea is loved by our customers because of its flavors and especially because of its fantastic benefits. During these pandemic times we want to share with you some important health benefits of this herbal mix. Furthermore, we will describe each ingredient and tell you why it is a strong and powerful mix of distinctive spices that make it a perfect addition to improve our immunity system and consequently have a good standard of living.
The selected ingredients are:
Turmeric is a popular spice made from the rhizome or root of the Curcuma longa plant. It has been used as an herbal remedy for thousands of years in Indian Ayurvedic medicine. The benefits are linked with high concentrations of curcumin in turmeric spices.
- Fight Obesity/Diabetes: Turmeric may inhibit the inflammatory pathway involved in obesity and may help regulate body fat. Also, it can improve blood sugar metabolism and potentially reduce the effects of diabetes on your body.
- Osteoarthritis: Plant compounds in turmeric that include curcumin can reduce markers of inflammation and thus relieve osteoarthritis symptoms.
- Heart disease: Turmeric can reduce “bad” LDL cholesterol and triglycerides and reduce the risk of heart disease as a result.
- Liver: studies conducted on mice found that turmeric extract and curcumin were protective against chronic liver damage by helping reduce harmful oxidative stress.
- Cancer: Though research is still in its early stages, turmeric and curcumin may reduce the activity of colon and other cancer cells.
- Antifungal: Turmeric and curcumin can disrupt fungal cell membranes and could be used in conjunction with fungal medication for better outcomes.
- Antibacterial: Turmeric and curcumin have strong antibacterial effects. They can reduce the growth of many disease-causing bacteria.
Foeniculum vulgare, commonly known as fennel, is a flavorful culinary herb and medicinal plant. This herb has many medicinal benefits:
- Highly nutritious: Fresh fennel bulb is a good source of vitamin C, which is a water-soluble vitamin critical for immune health, tissue repair, and collagen synthesis. It also acts as a potent antioxidant in your body.
- It contains manganese, which is important for enzyme activation, metabolism, cellular protection, bone development, blood sugar regulation, and wound healing. Aside from manganese, fennel and its seeds contain other minerals vital to bone health, including potassium, magnesium, and calcium.
- Contains Essential Oils: Essential oilof the plant has been shown to contain more than 87 volatile compounds, including the polyphenol antioxidants rosmarinic acid, chlorogenic acid, quercetin, and apigenin. Polyphenol antioxidants are potent anti-inflammatory agents that have powerful effects on your health.
- Heart health benefits: Fennel seeds may benefit heart health, as they’re packed with fiber — a nutrient shown to reduce certain heart disease risk factors like high cholesterol. It also contains nutrients like magnesium, potassium, and calcium, which play important roles in keeping your heart healthy.
- Antibacterial properties. Studies show that fennel extract inhibits the growth of potentially harmful bacteria and yeasts, such as Escherichia coli, Staphylococcus aureus,and Candida albicans.
- Reduce inflammation. The powerful antioxidants in fennel, such as vitamin C and quercetin, can help reduce inflammation.
Cinnamon is a spice obtained from the inner bark of several tree species from the genus Cinnamomum. It´s popular because of its aromatic scent and flavor.
- High in a substance with powerful medicinal properties, for example it has a large quantity of antioxidants, it´s loaded with anti-inflammatory properties and it may cut the risk of heart diseases.
- It´s also studied that cinnamon can improve sensitivity to the hormone insulin and therefore it can lower blood sugar levels with powerful anti-diabetic effects.
- Cinnamaldehyde, one of the main active components of cinnamon, may help fight various kinds of infections.
- Finally, there are some studies that show cinnamon may protect against cancer and may have beneficial effects on neurodegenerative diseases.
Hibiscus plants are known for their remarkable flowers, the most popular variety is Hibiscus sabdariffa. The red flowers of this variety are most cultivated for medical purposes.
- Research has uncovered a range of health benefits linked to drinking hibiscus tea, showing that it may lower blood pressure, fight bacteria and even aid weight loss.
- Hibiscus is rich in powerful antioxidants and may therefore help prevent damage and disease caused by the buildup of free radicals. It can help to boost Liver Health, from producing proteins to secreting bile to breaking down fat, your liver is essential to your overall health.
- Interestingly, studies have shown that hibiscus may promote liver health and help keep it working efficiently. It could also promote weight loss: Studies have suggested that hibiscus tea may be associated with weight loss and protect against obesity
It´s a flowering plant of the bean family Fabaceae, from the root of which a sweet, aromatic flavoring can be extracted.
It has been used as a treatment for heartburn, stomach ulcers, bronchitis, sore throat, cough and some infections caused by viruses, such as hepatitis.
Ginger is a flowering plant that originated in Southeast Asia. It’s among the healthiest (and most delicious) spices on the planet. The rhizome (underground part of the stem) is the part commonly used as a spice. It’s often called ginger root or, simply, ginger.
- Ginger appears to be highly effective against nausea.
- It has a highly effective response in pregnancy sickness.
- Contains Gingerol, which has powerful anti-inflammatory and antioxidant
Because all these powerful components, it may improve brain function and protect against Alzheimer’s disease.
Our Immunity Booster Tea is made from different spices that make it unique and special for our beloved customers.
From fighting nausea, inflammation, helping to prevent heart problems, to acting like antimicrobial and antifungal in several diseases, and to having an important amount of antioxidants that can prevent or decrease the damage to cells caused by free radicals (unstable molecules the body produces under pressure), the potential benefits are tremendous when drinking one cup a day. Additionally, it is highly nutritious, building your body up with important minerals, vitamin C and essential oils. Such benefits improve your immunity system and strengthen your defenses in order to have a better quality of life.
We need to be surrounded by nature to reconnect with our roots, with ourselves… The first step is to acknowledge this and treat our body gently with love and feed it with Natural products. TeaWellness is here to be a bridge between you and Nature, so you can stay naturally healthy and have a happy life.
Fabiola Marinovic - TeaWellness Team
Sources: Medical news today, healthline, Nourish by web MD.